A BRIEF HISTORY

The school was established in 1869,near Nivithigala Devalaya at Ganegoda.Due to lack of enough space the school was shifted to Yakdehiwatta near Enderupattipola.With the threat of floods again the school was shifted to Radadola.Last it was shifted to Panapuragehena, where the Maha Vidyalaya is situated.In 1928 the teacher's staff room and Saman hall were constructed.

  • In 1930-32, the girls' school and the boys' school were combined together as a mixed school.

  • In 1952 there were 77 students only 01 teacher.
    In 1934 there were 298 students only 06 teachers.
    In 1954 there were 667 students _ teachers.
    In 1971 there were 1300 students 50 teachers.
  • On 12th of March 1937 Nivithigala junior mixed School was established as a government school.
  • In 7th of January 1957the school was turned in to a grade c senior school.
  • In 1963 06th May the school was named as Sumana Maha Vidyalaya.
  • In 1971 the primary school was shifted to Pinkanda estate.
  • In 1998 the school was established as a seperate Junior school under the control of Mr. K.Jayasekara.
  • Ra/Nivi/Sumana Centrel College past Principals

    Mr.Yapa

    Mr.Molligoda

    Mr.Thilakarathna

    Mr.Edirisuriya

    Mr.Migelrathna

    Mr.N.U.Heengalagoda

    Mr.L.H.Sugathadasa

    Mr.S.P.Liyanage

    Mr.K.D.Devid

    Mr.K.D.U.Jayapala

    Mr.Gamini Rajadasa

    Mr.Sirisena

    Mr.Siripala

    Mr.M.A.Jagath

    Mr.K.A Weerasinha(present)